Quality Child Care Program
Play is a child's work! Play is an important part of children's development; building language skills, encouraging social interactions, and preparing them for future learning. Our child care program emphasizes learning through independent and guided play, and interacting with others.
Quality Child Care for All Ages
Our goal is to assist you in your efforts to nurture your child's healthy development at all stages of life. Our high-quality child care program enables children of all ages to grow healthy, happy and strong - at their own pace.
- Toddlers aged one year to two years old receive consistent, positive attention in a cozy, loving environment where they will grow and thrive. Through an emphasis on creating and maintaining secure attachments, infants and toddlers learn to trust others and themselves.
- Preschoolers aged two to five years are encouraged to discover new things and become more independent in a relaxed atmosphere. Social skills like getting along with others, taking turns, sharing, and working together are the heart of our preschool activities.
- School age children aged five years through twelve years benefit from the comfortable, relaxed environment of our school age child care program. They thrive through one-on-one attention from caring adults, opportunities to assist younger children, and being a role model.
Quality Child Care Program Highlights
Early Foundations Learning Center quality child care program is carefully designed to provide everything your child needs to thrive at every stage of development. Your child will enjoy learning in our relaxed play-based environment!
Our Quality Child Care Program Offers:
- A state licensed high-quality child care program serving children aged one year to eleven years.
- A provider that is warm, caring, well-trained, and experienced.
- An environment designed to be safe, comfortable, and to encourage spontaneous learning.
- An eco-healthy program that is committed to reducing children's exposure to toxics and other environmental health hazards.
- Developmentally-appropriate toys and materials that are rotated according to the children's interests.
- Daily activities that are so much fun the children won't realize they're learning.
- Mixed age grouping so children experience filling different roles in a family.
- A well-planned schedule that provides a flexible yet predictable routine each day.
- Delicious, nutritious meals that teach good lifelong habits, and are liked by children!
- American Sign Language (ASL) Signs introduced to infants and expanded upon throughout preschool and school-age years.
- Gentle yet firm child guidance procedures that promote positive self-esteem and teach socially acceptable ways of expressing needs and feelings.
- Small group size to promote strong friendships and individual attention.
- Thoughtful policies to enhance the quality of care provided.
Our Child Care Program is State Licensed for Quality
In Georgia, Child Care Providers can choose to be State Licensed or unregulated. We choose to be state licensed because we believe licensing promotes the highest quality child care by requiring minimum standards for the care and protection of children. At least twice yearly a state licensing specialist pays a surprise visit to evaluate our program with regard to health and safety, adult-child ratio, caregiver training, equipment, nutrition, behavior and guidance procedures, and other hallmarks of quality child care. The results of these visits are always available to the public. In addition, families enrolled in our licensed facility can take advantage of federal programs like the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and GACAPS child care assistance program
Low Group Size Enhances Quality Child Care
We are a home-based family child care program because we believe that a low child-to-caregiver ratio provides the highest quality child care by allowing for each child's individual needs to be met easily. In addition, small group sizes promote the development of close relationships and the feeling of being a family. Early Foundations Learning Center is licensed for a maximum eight children; the number of openings we may have depends on the ages of children already enrolled.